Thursday 10 November 2011

Magazine front cover mock up

I personally think that a simple layout is more effective as it is all about the image, therefore I tried to not put too many incentives, pugs and advertisements on the cover. The house style of the magazine will be something bold to make it stand out behind the image. I want a plain background behind my actor/actress as I think it makes them stand out and makes the cover less cluttered. I also think that the text of the pug or incentive will stand out against a plain background unlike a pattern etc. The masthead will be behind the actor/actress' head as I want the cover to be all about them and entice the reader to focus on the films advertisement. Any advertisement on the cover won't cross over the actor/actress and will try to put them in any space. If any text is over the person then it will take the focus away. I  will try to use a range of different fonts to make the cover look stylish and not seem the same throughout. I am going to try to use a lot of effects on Photoshop to make sure that the photo stands out and looks slick. I want there to be a consistent theme between the poster and the cover to support the synergy of the film. The barcode will go at the bottom and the dateline will go at the top by the masthead, they are vital parts of the cover but only need to be small to not clutter the cover too much. I will probably put a website on it as well, this audience will then get to see more information, probably behind-the-scenes which will make them want to buy the magazine and also it supports the synergy again. 

No comments:

Post a Comment