Monday 5 December 2011

Magazine front cover

Before editing


After editing

When taking the pictures of Ashley, I decided that I wanted a white background so that the text I was going to put on top stood out and it didn't look cluttered, I also think that this look looks professional. Ashley plays the character of the witch and I intended to not put her in her costume because I wanted it to be an interview with Ashley. An interview with the actress herself and not the character will make the audience think that they will be able to get more personal and see the article as more interesting.
I edited the picture by using surface blur to take away any imperfections and sharpen the picture to make her features stand out. As you can see from the picture, her skin has been become smooth and her facial features stand out. I then increase the saturation and the exposure so that there is more colour to her face and to make the her face have light on her to stand out. The exposure has made her eyes and her lips brighter to make her stand out more and look well groomed. For the dark edges around the image, I darkened the vignette and make the midpoint lighter, this makes it look like a lense around the image and I think this gives it a professional look like other media products.
I have used a range of texts to resemble other media products such as Bookman Old Style, I think  simple looking texts have a better effect and don't take the attention away from the image. To make some texts stand out from others, I have added a drop shadow which looks professional and makes each text look different from one another to represent each article.
The masthead of 'RealFilm' has been done deliberately from a reel of film. The house style of red, white and black has been chosen since the red reflects on horror and it is also the house style for Hansel and Gretel.

No comments:

Post a Comment